Creamy Bacon and Leek Pasta
Nights of leftovers: 1
Cook time: 26 mins
Prep time: 26 mins
This recipe is from Southern Living’s 5-Ingredient Weeknight Meals: Delicious Dinners in 30 Minutes or Less, page 117.
We’ve had issues with the pasta getting kind of gross when it’s reheated the next night. When we’re making this for two nights, we’ll cook only enough pasta for the first night and set half the sauce aside. Then on night 2, we cook some more pasta and warm up the leftover sauce in a saucepan, and it ends up being just as good as it was the first night.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard root ends and dark green tops of leeks. Cut in half lengthwise, and rinse thoroughly under cold running water to remove grit and sand. Thinly slice leeks.
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tbsp drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Saute leeks in hot drippings 4 minutes or until tender; stir in cream. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in pasta, crumbled bacon, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.